Thursday, December 5, 2013

#14-Christmas Splendor- Crafty Sentiments



Our challenge last week seemed to get a wee bit lost somehow.  There were a ton of people almost everyone did not follow the blog rules let alone the actual challenge!
 The general blog rules are listed at the top of the blog and do not go anywhere ever....they need to be followed or you will not be eligible for a prize.  Then the challenge that is listed weekly needs to be followed as well or you will not be eligible for a prize.  Not to discourage anyone from entering, but my gosh, before I enter any challenge, I make dang sure my card fits the challenge and that I have followed any other challenge rules if applicable.

Dilly Beans Stamps was our fantastic sponsor and they kindly donated 3 digis to one lucky player!!

http://www.sillydillybeans.blogspot.ca/

Our challenge last week was a Tic Tac Toe board and the instructions were to use 1 item from the first row or column depending on what way you wanted to use the board, then 2 from the second row or column and then all 3 from the third row or column, however only 1-one, uno, person followed the challenge rules.  She followed the general rules as well, so I am pleased to announce that our winner is entry
#12-All Crafty Bits (Charlotte M)
Congratulations Charlotte!  Thank you for taking the time to follow the rules!  You have won 3 digis from Dilly Bean Stamps!  Please contact me to claim your prize!

*********************************
This week we are lucky to have Crafty Sentiments on board with us as our sponsor.  Our lovely DT received some great digis to work with and one lucky player (who actually follows both the blog rules and the challenge) will win 3 digis!  Lucky duck I'd say, they have some super cute new digis!!
http://craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk/ 
 Our challenge for you this week is Christmas Splendor!  Relatively easy I would say, just make sure your card looks like Christmas!

Now here are some fabulous samples from our DT full of Christmas Splendor!

Channieke using Cold Christmas

So now, it's your turn to get your Christmas Splendor on....seems like an easy challenge this time of year! You can even win 3 digis from Crafty Sentiments just for joining us this week!

Now keep in mind, you also need to follow the blog rules and they are:
~your project must be new, no backlinks
~you must link directly to your creation as well as back to the challenge blog
~you may enter 2 times per challenge 
~you may combine challenges for a total of  8- not 10, 20 or a kazillion, 8 only please
~you must follow the challenge as outlined above
~Have fun and get crafty!!

5 comments:

  1. Loving all the cards by the team! Thanks for the inspiration and challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enter your challenge last week (so have no argument really) but "usually" Tic Tac Toe or a Bingo board is for someone to pick a line (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) so I can see why people got confused. I know you stated the rules but as it is a common challenge theme most people will have thought it was the standard rules. I agree with reading a challenge carefully but in this case I can see where the errors occured (especially when you are listed on Paper Playful and the entrants would have seen the board and gone from there)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,

      Thank you for your comment. I do understand that "general" Tic Tac Toe is done that way, however I thought by adding the specific rules would of been enough to clarify the specifics of the challenge. I went through every single entry and in the even there was no one that followed the challenge correctly, I was going to revert to a qualified "general" Tic Tac Toe entry.

      I still believe 100% that it is your responsibility to follow the rules as posted on our blog regardless of where else our challenges have been posted and I'm almost positive Paper Playful states that as well.

      Maybe I should of called it Tic Tac Tow with a Twist and next time I will but in all honesty, I thought by stating the complete challenge info going in both directions, that would of been enough and was excited to see what people came up with as I was delighted with the creations from the DT.

      I'm sorry that my post about following the rules struck a nerve, that was not my intent, but I spend a ridiculous amount of time having to go through entries every week when it's time for random.org to choose me a winner as people tdo not follow the rules.

      Thank you for taking the time to comment and I look forward to seeing your entries in the future.

      Kelly

      Delete
  3. Yay (:
    I've emailed you.

    I loved the challenge.
    The rules were simple to follow.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the rules of the previous challenge, re-read them and as it as a tic-ta-toe challenge, I assumed that there was some mistake. Perhaps the challenge shouldn't have been called TIC-TAC-TOE? Maybe that's where entrant got confused. (there is a similar challenge online and it's called 'create your own challenge)
    Jen Leeflang

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for playing along with us! Be sure to check back to see if you are the lucky winner!